Lauren at Always Me was kind enough to nominate me for a Liebster Award––thanks, Lauren! 🙂 The Liebster is an award that bloggers give to each other as a way to promote blogs with less than 1,000 followers. It’s also a fun get-to-know-the-blogger tag!
2. Answer the 11 questions the nominator has given you.
3. Tag 11 bloggers who have less than 1,000 readers.
4. Think of 11 questions to ask the bloggers you have nominated.
5. Let them know you’ve nominated them through social media or their blog.
Lauren’s Questions (And My Answers!)
1. How do you organize your bookshelves?
*Laughs forever* Um … I don’t? I’m very disorganized. 😛 I have a couple shelves crammed with books, but then I just have random piles of books all over my room … and the whole house, really.
2. You’ve been tasked to rewrite a book, which book would it be and why?
Honestly, I’d probably rewrite the Maximum Ride series. I really liked the first couple books when I was in middle school, and then around book three or four they started to go way downhill. I don’t know all the details, but I assume (since it’s a James Patterson series) that it suffered from being handled by too many ghostwriters at once. There was some potential in the plot and characters, but after a while there were way too many gaping plot holes and character inconsistencies (and in the later books, a lot of weird preachiness). I feel like with some reworking, they could have been much better.
3. What 2016 book release are you most excited for?
Ugh, definitely The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater (the fourth Raven Cycle book). The release date has been postponed so many times and I WANT IT NOWWW. *cries*
4. What group of fictional friends would you like to share a lunch table with?
Ooh, that’s a toughie. Well maybe it’s because I just mentioned the Raven Cycle but I would love to hang out with Blue and the “raven boys”. 🙂
It would also be really fun to hang out with the whole gang from Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus!
5. If you could recast any classic tv show with modern actors, what show would you choose and what modern actors would you select?
Huh, I really don’t watch as many classic TV shows as I should so I’m drawing a blank here. And I feel like a lot of the classic shows have already had remakes of some kind, so … I’m not sure. Sorry I’m copping out on this question, I just can’t seem to think of anything. 😀 It is a cool question, though!
6. If you could see any musical group, past or present, which would you want to see and what song would you like to here them perform?
I’m lucky enough that I’ve had the chance to see a lot of my favorite bands over the past few years, but there are still a few of my all-time favorites that I have yet to see! The first thing that comes to mind for me is Florence + The Machine. I adore Florence Welch’s voice and I bet she’d sound amazing live. As for which song, “Howl” has always been one of my favorites and I bet it’d be really awesome.
I’d also really love to see The Killers perform “Mr. Brightside” or “All These Things That I’ve Done”.
7. Which hyped book were you most thrilled by?
I guess it depends what you mean by “hyped” … I love a lot of classics and other popular books! I think it’s impossible for me to name just one, but I love a lot of popular/hyped YA authors like Patrick Ness, Neal Shusterman, Maggie Stiefvater, Rick Riordan, Libba Bray, Scott Westerfeld … the list goes on and on. 😀
8. Which hyped book were you most disappointed by?
Hmm, once again it’s hard to choose just one. But most recently, I’ve found myself disappointed in a bunch of hyped books … An Ember in the Ashes, Uprooted, Red Queen, and Throne of Glass to name a few. (I seem to have something against books about “plain” girls who are thrown into upper-class/royal life … ? Haha.) I see why people like all these books of course, and it wasn’t that I hated any of them or anything; they just didn’t quite live up to my expectations.
9. What’s a book that you love, but isn’t very well known?
Hmm, a lot of my favorite books are pretty well-known so I’m having difficulty thinking of something off the top of my head. But one series I think is criminally underrated is the Monstrumologist series by Rick Yancey. I guess it’s fairly well-known, but it’s definitely overshadowed by Yancey’s 5th Wave series.
Also, recently I read Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin and it really blew me away. It only came out a couple months ago so I haven’t heard much hype about it yet, but I could see it becoming a popular book.
10. What social media website do you prefer?
Goodreads and Tumblr are my favorites! But I spend a lot of time on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as well.
11. What 2016 book to movie adaptation are you most excited to see?
A Monster Calls, definitely! I love Patrick Ness and it’s so exciting to finally see one of his books adapted into a movie. It looks like it has a great cast, and it’s one of my favorite books, so I hope it’s good. (I will definitely bawl my eyes out, though.)
Thanks again Lauren for tagging me!
Melanie at On and Off the Bookshelf
Cheyenne at A Leap In The Dark
Alyssa at I Am A Writer … Hear Me Roar!
Ava Jey at Writability
Katie at Katsyxo
Heather at Heather Burnside Author
Holly at Nut Free Nerd
Bridgett at Writing and Musing
For some of you, I’m actually not sure how many followers you have––but I think it’s fine if you participate in the tag even if you have more than 1,000. 🙂
- Put your music on shuffle. What are the first five songs that come up?
- What’s the last thing that made you laugh really hard?
- What’s something you did in 2015 that you’re proud of?
- What’s one thing you hope to accomplish in 2016?
- Do you enjoy going to concerts? If so, what was the last one you went to?
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
- What is the weirdest food you like?
- What book has made you cry the hardest?
- What was the best day of your life?
- What fictional world would you love to live in (or at least spend some time in)?
- If you could meet any author (living or dead), who would it be?
Thanks again Lauren for the nomination! And I hope at least a few of my nominees will participate––but of course, no hard feelings if you don’t have the time. 🙂
Hope you’re all having a lovely day. It finally snowed here! … But it’s already pretty slushy and disgusting. At least it actually feels like winter, though. 😛 Sometime later this week, I will post my final WIPMarathon post of the year, as well as my writing goals for 2016. Stay tuned!