Happy Music Monday, my friends! It’s snowing here, and everything is closed. I didn’t go to work and my writing workshop is canceled––so I really have no excuses not to write today. So of course I’ve been procrastinating by reading Winter (the fourth Lunar Chronicles book)––IT’S SO GOOOOD.
Ah-hem, but anyway. On to the music! I thought today I would share a couple of winter-related songs, inspired by the snowy weather here in New England.
Winterbourne – Cold
So, I’m being quite literal here––since both the band name and the song title are winter-related, haha. “Cold” comes from Australian duo Winterbourne, off their EP “All But The Sun”. It’s a lovely song with a nice build-up, from the slow and somber beginning to a soaring, euphoric end. It deserves a lot more love, so I hope you guys like it!
Daughter – Winter
Also a bit literal (sue me, lol). Daughter is one of my favorite bands, and they just released a beautiful new album. But this song comes off their debut album, “If You Leave”, which is one of my favorites from the past few years. Singer Elena Tonra’s voice is just so pure and mesmerizing, and the band’s ethereal sound always gives me chills. If you’re in need of some music to inspire a writing mood, I definitely recommend them!
If you would also like to participate in Music Monday:
• Share 1-2 songs. It can be any genre, it can be something new or it can be an old favorite. Whatever you want!
• Share a music/lyric video of the song.
• Tell us some of your thoughts/feelings about the song, artist, and/or music video.
• Submit the link to your blog post at the bottom of Lauren’s most recent Music Monday post (where it says “add your link”).
How about you guys?
- Is it snowing where you are?
- Do you know any other good winter-themed songs?